The Regional Championships are 5th and 6th Feb 2022 @ Barden Park, Dubbo and are the second stage of the LANSW Championship events.
The Little Athletics New South Wales Championship pathway for athletes each season begins at the Zone Championships. Following on from the Zone Championships those athletes that qualify compete at the Regional Championships for the chance to compete at the Little Athletics New South Wales State Championships.
Region Three is made up of Centres from the Western Plains and Western Ranges Zones.
The Regional Championships for the 2021/2020 is planned to be held in Dubbo (Barden Park) on 5-6 Feb 2022.
At this stage, we anticipate that the Region Championships will proceed under the traditional format that was used in 2019/20 season, with entries coming from the results of Zone Championships in the Western Ranges and Western Plains Zones.
The ability of these championships to proceed as anticipated will be informed by the status of the COVID-19 Pandemic and any Public Health orders. We will provide updated information as it becomes available.
Athletes who place 1st or 2nd will automatically qualify for the State Championships in their relevant event. There is an opportunity after all Regions have been completed for further athletes to qualify based on the performance. The full State Championships list will be advised after all Region based qualifying meets have been completed.
The Region 3 State Qualifying meet will have a fully timed program.
For further details about the Region 3 Qualifying meet, please contact your Centre or Zone Co-ordinator
**REGION ENTRIES NOW OPEN**
Entries are now open for the Region Carnival to be held at Barden Park, Dubbo on the 5/2/22 and 6/2/22. All entries are to be made online. Please message the club via email or Facebook stating the name and age group of the athlete and a link to complete the form will be sent to you. Please double check all information before submitting.
Points to remember-
– As there will be no Zone Championships held it has been agreed to hold U/7 events at this year’s Region Championships.
– Athletes in the U7 to U11 age groups can only enter up to 4 events excluding relays. Athletes in the U12 to U17 age groups can enter up to 6 events excluding relays. Multi Class athletes in the U9/U10’s can enter up to 4 events, U11/U12’s up to 5 events and U13/U14 & U15/U17’s up to 6 events.
– There are NO qualifying standards.
– All other rules that apply are as per the LANSW Rules of Competition (RoC).
– IT IS A CLUB AND REGION EXPECTATION THAT ALL PARENTS ASSIST AT THE CARNIVAL.
**Entries are due by 5pm Sunday 19th December**